You’ve probably come across virtual assistant job posting that indicates article writing task. Specifically, these job ads would say “must have experience in SEO article writing.” This means VA must fully understand the basics of search engine optimization when writing their articles.
It’s not creative writing, it’s different from content and the web copy styles of writing. Simpler put, article writing is about putting keywords and keyword phrases here and there. But it must be remembered that the structure and writing style is still of highest quality.
Most of those clients seeking SEO article writers or VA article writers would be submitting the output to article directories. But for others, these articles are actually the ones used as content, blog posts or even web copy materials for their websites. It can be said then that in most cases for VAs, SEO article writing is actually a mix of various writing platforms, as long as it contains the keywords and keyword phrases as required.
Now, how do you write articles with SEO in mind? The simplest thing to start with would be to follow the basic SEO principles. Since 2006, I’ve been using this same technique and still, all my submitted articles have been approved. So I’m sharing in here how it works.
Here are the tips to SEO article writing:
1. The keyword phrase must appear two times in the first paragraph of the articles. Placing it on the first sentence is most ideal.
2. The keywords or keyword phrases must appear more than once in subtitles.
3. Repeat usage of keyword or keyword phrases once in the second paragraph.
4. Spread the keyword or keyword phrases in other parts of the article.
5. The last paragraph must contain the same keyword or keyword phrases as well.
A good start to mastering this SEO article writing basics would be this:
1. Go to Google and type in “how to lose weight fast” then click open randomly on the search results. When you find one to five posts that actually have the keywords, read and study how they’re structured.
2. Write a 500-word own version/s and it has to use the same keywords of “how to lose weight fast.” Try writing your first 500-word article on the topic. The title or subtitles must have these same keywords as well. The keywords once in every 100 words so that means you’d integrate “how to lose weight fast five (5) times, be it in subtitles or paragraphs.
3. Of course, you must make it your own article and not just switch words with their synonyms. Create your own structure, making sure it’s logical and well-detailed. 4. Remember the basics of simple article writing or rewriting which is: keep sentences short and simple. It’s much easier to integrate the keywords and keyword phrases in shorter, simpler sentences.
5. Research if you have to. There are thousands of other resources that might just make your articles more informative and original.
6. Once you’ve completed one article, write another 500 word article on the same topic. But this time, include the keywords eight to ten times. This process will train you on how to integrate keywords into an article, and get you prepared for specific instructions for different keyword usage requirement. Some article writing projects require smaller percentage of keyword use. At the same time, this process preps you for projects with higher percentage of keywords or phrases use.
7. Bear in mind that regardless of keywords and how many times they’re used in an article, your grammar and structure matters greatly. So stick to the principle of excellent writing. Just make it your own, make it fresh and interesting.
8. Just keep practicing. Soon, you’re ready to submit applications to VA job postings that indicates “must have experience in SEO article writing”