Yes, that’s me. The Oh!SomeAngels are bent on their weekly tasks and I’m left to hoping I’d be needed. 🙁 That makes me sad. Kinda. Because I’m used to being sought, needed, wanted, desired… Uh… where’s this going?
Oh, well. I just came back from another tab that has my favorite bloggers on. A few minutes ago, I read J.K. Allen, the only Hustler! I know online. Hehehe. Peace, man! There’s something about his article that got me to finally admit… I’m just another blogger.
Sure, I know a lot – I mean, a whole lot! – about virtual assistants, how to be one, how to find one, how to like one and work with some. But lately, I’ve also been posting a lot about social media, stuff about the Oh!SomeAngels and bits n’ pieces that aren’t that relevant to this online service we provide.
So that got me thinking, I should be straight and out with these declarations:
1. We’re not taking any more work. In fact, we cut down to just three clients. That gives me even more time to write in here. So if you wonder who I am and why I’m commenting on your post, and then you’re obliged to drop by in here, don’t worry, I’m not hoping to acquire new gigs.
2. We’re not selling anything like eBooks, guides, etc. I haven’t come around to writing them. Good for you, I haven’t come around to creating autoresponders and stuff like that. Worry not, mate, that you’d be required to fill in some email forms and read on short promises that you’d get this and that. I have none to offer. See, I have nothing to sell.
3. We’re not making money online. Well, for now, not yet. I’m seriously thinking about affiliate marketing. But also, shouldn’t that go into another site? I wouldn’t want to confuse my thousands of fans (LOL!) about me and the Oh!SomeAngels doing other stuff apart from what virtual assistants do.
4. I’m making friends via blog commenting. Good if these people see it that way. After some considerable amount of backlinking tasks, most bloggers think newbies who make comments are a nuisance. Well, yeah, I’m a nuisance. Even my husband thinks so. But not because I just want to generate traffic. I express my thoughts via comment boxes because I want to connect with people. Even just through their blogs. There’s not too many things in here that they’d find new, anyways. Hey, I just wanna be friends and annoy you, OK!
5. I’m NOT AN EXPERT at anything. Yeah, even my sons have complaints on my motherhood. The husband, bless him, has gotten used to my claims of being an expert cook. I do love to write and share my experiences and information, some wisdom and stuff. But that doesn’t make me the best blogger or a guru at providing ideas for virtual assistants. Or for people who wanna know about VAs and online service providers.
So what does all these make me? Just another blogger. And honestly, I’m fine with that.
Up until that time we’d get a solely money-making website (dreaming isn’t a crime! haha!), I’m cool with being a blogger.
It’s stress-free. I get to bitch as much as I want to. And still, I get to share a few nice stuff every now and then. Because unlike the experts, the gurus, the established and the popular, there’s no pressure to be the best. Gawd, that would be hypertension-inducing!
I’m just another blogger with no competition and no nerve-wracking SEO targets. This is just another blog that even my Mom doesn’t read. Which makes me just another blogger who actually have time to connect with others in all honesty and bitchiness… and not worry that I’d be considered just another blogger… because I am!