Below are eight key ideas on why your small business must do social media. Actually there’s more than just eight reasons. Not wanting to scare you away, I’ve managed to have it summarized. And yes, you’re welcome.
As to the question, yes, you definitely have to be a social media active kind of business. Be it just on popular social media sites like Facebook and Twitter, or article and content, even email marketing and social bookmarking, you really need to get things going for your restaurant business. Everyone’s at it… and it’s really a question why you’re not into that just yet.
If this is too overwhelming at this point, it’s best you get a virtual assistant with social media management and marketing experience. Not only will it lessen your stress over implementation, the planning stage becomes much easier, too!
But anyways, to give you a better understanding why you must, here’s what social media marketing can do for your resto biz:
1. Widen marketing scope. With social media, marketing encompasses local areas and go as far as the opposite coast. Virtually, the rest of the nation knows about your business. Rank on top and your business will stick to minds of millions. You’re way ahead in promotions with social media, being on top of search engine rankings. That’s how effective social media, SEO and email marketing would do you!
Also, social media allows you to tap other means and types of communications. Apart from flow of information via the net, radio commentators, local TV stations, podcasters and interest groups would be hitching on your business’ growing popularity.
2. Increase customers. A definite edge over competitors is what you’d get because local clients know pretty much every good thing and food in your business. While social media keep local clients coming in because they know, it also attracts other local customers because they’re interests are poked!
At the same time, you get increased familiarity among non-local clients. Being powered by social media and other essential marketing strategies means continued attraction of clients from other places. They might not have visited your website but they’d have heard it from Twitter or Facebook or people from work who known about it.
3. Cost-effective marketing. No more printing of flyers, brochures or paying for radio and TV ads. Savings, savings, saving! Take note, social media marketing is a low-cost investment compared to any other method. Much of the marketing efforts in SEO, emails and social is actually free. Savings on marketing to spend on other important promo materials. Because social media marketing is cheap, you could actually spend the saved cash on interesting, spunky treats or giveaways. Sure to give you good mark among customers.
Should you choose to hire pros and acquire services on marketing projects, they cost lower than half of what you’d normally spend on traditional marketing and promotion schemes. Besides, this is a good chance to tap local people into projects. You’d want your restaurant largely identified with your place and culture, it strengthens your branding efforts, after all. So you tap artists, culinary persons and IT professionals and other creative and tech people. Makes your business even more well-loved and supported by your community, huh!
4. Simple and quick to implement, and easy to use for clients as well.. All tools and activities needed for social media, SEO and email marketing can be done quickly and simply. If doubtful, there are always pros or groups who could prep and push your marketing campaign. As social media provide immediate actions and responses to clients, your resto website will be noted for its user-friendliness.
Imagine yourself as a client and getting what you want swiftly. Surely you’d like that company or website right away, right? Your online presence, particularly on social networks, allows you to immediately respond to customers. There will always be not-in-the-book questions, clarifications and details they’d like to know. Their patience need not be tested with user-friendly interface in your website, and you could provide answers right on the spot. Now, who doesn’t like that!
5. Advertisement purposes. You could maximize both social networks and email drips to advertise your restaurant business, promote your new specialties and keep your clientele informed. Definitely, this would increase your branding efforts as well. You build a credible business with social media, thus, the branding power is fueled even more to bring in profits. Plus, any business with social media is bound to get bookmarked more often. So then your efforts to market and sell your business through social media will get you more bookmarks. This will keep you going up the search engine rankings.
6. Provide ready information and “click here” tools. Even the most rushed person would find the time to click their mouse PC or tap their mobile gadget screen, and you’d want to be found there. That’s how use of social media for businesses works – quick-find and ready information all the time. Be a showroom of new, exciting stuff. Consistent, friendly and informative email campaigns and updated web content will be the venues to showcase the latest specialties, discounts and promotional dishes of your business. Cheap, quick and easily re-designed to fit varied ideas.
Being at the fast-moving social media would sure spark creativity as well. Your personal ideas and creativity could be integrated in marketing and promotions. Add color, artistry and originality to your marketing materials, and it will appeal more to your built list, website traffic and connections at the social media.
7. Online presence all-hours of the day. There’s no closing hours when you’re active at the social media. So at any time of day, web visitors know what’s going on with your business, particularly if it’s found on top of search engine rankings or if your Twitter and Facebook accounts have ready information that customers want to know.
At the same time, your virtual presence makes you available and accessible for potential partnerships, affiliations, etc. With word going on around the social network about your business, you’re sure to attract business partnerships, affiliations, advantageous sponsorships, etc.
With non-wavering online presence, your business will be known for efficient and friendly customer services. Being available in the social media, consistent delivery of informative emails and maintaining top rankings speaks of great concern for your customers. Being so, you don’t only become accessible; you also provide up-to-date, easy and quick information made available to clients, regardless of time of day, distance and mood.
8. Stabilized online presence and increased rankings. A stable company or business is perceived reliable. You’ll be known to give costumers highest quality in all aspects. Thus, you generate more clients by staying stable on the internet. With a trusted presence, you generate relevant lead and pre-qualified traffic. Plus, you keep engaging old and loyal following. Social media and other marketing activities have been proven to strengthen customer service and relationship management and achieve stability of relationship through immediate feedback.
With solid presence online, you’re sure to surge to high ranks after a short period. With comments, feedback, ratings and re-tweets, backlinks, etc., your business will go up the highest ranks in search engines. After all, the leading search engines are consistently looking for new stuff going in your accounts, websites and searching for fresh, new and quality content.