Aha! You’re really keen on finding out more about work at home ideas! Well, you’re on the right spot. Reading this means you’re on your way to learning more about which work at home opportunity is perfect for you.
Below are the top ten feasible work at home ideas. Find out which one suits you best!
1. Virtual Administrative Support. Also known as virtual assistant (VA) work, this online job entails a lot of desk work. A background on typing, taking and making calls, records management, bookkeeping and handling emails would be great pluses for this work. Surely, you’d find income generation from home so possible.
Most virtual assistant work 4 – 12 hours a day, five times a week. Rates vary according to expertise and experience. The VAs today are also skilled at web content management, photo editing, preparing presentations in PowerPoint and even involved by their employers in the sales and marketing aspect. Virtual administrative support, by far, would be the best way to start a work at home career. It’s where you continually grow – and earn!
2. Data Entry Jobs. Somehow included in many virtual admin support opportunities, data entry is actually considered a separate expertise. Naturally, it also has different rates. Many data entry jobs are offered by companies, individuals and businesses who need to have their client information in order. This could mean typing out info from PDF files into Excel, organizing MS Outlook contacts or some accounting and billings information. If you could get a VA work that has bulkier data entry tasks, you propose separate rates for this from the usual routines a VA conducts. You could soon make the simplest work at home career into a sure-fire income, while you stayed focused on family and the household routines.
3. Medical Transcriptionist. Most virtual workers for the medical professionals and companies are called transcriptionists. While this job requires great typing skill and speed, one needs to possess keen interpreting faculty as they’re likely to transcribe audio and visual materials. Many doctors and health facilities also require data entry work of their records. While there are no strict requirements for this job, it’s helpful to be familiar with medical terms and language. Also, get your typing and listening skills improved to land a medical transcriptionist position.
4. Online Tutor. Many people who enjoy teaching would love online tutoring jobs. This work at home opportunity entails teaching people of all ages, particularly kids and those in college. Be prepared for schedules as it may pose a challenge. Most students spend daytime in their regular classroom, and seek tutorial after that, if not on weekends. There are also various tutoring companies who you could work for, if you’re unsure of going solo. Best of all, there are websites where you could learn how to hone your teaching skills and know more about methods of mentoring online.
Also, if you’re fluent in any other language, this would help you land tutorial jobs as well. There is a consistently growing demand to learn Chinese, Spanish and Arabic, so if you desire being a language teacher, then a work at home online tutor would be great.
5. Writing. This is where I first started. For a few years, I’ve tried doing search engine optimization (SEO) and learned how to do marketing, sales and academic writing. You could register at many sites with online jobs, specifically indicate your writing skills and availability. Take note, however, many sites would require you to bid to get projects. Also, individuals who need your expertise give shorter deadlines. Some offer projects in bulk, particularly if you have an impressive portfolio; many, however, just offer one time or short term writing jobs.
I strongly recommend going into SEO, first and foremost. Such work at home opportunity, as I learned, hones the writer in you. Plus, this particular writing skill will look good if you desire to work as a virtual assistant for much higher rates. There are many companies who want their web content well-written and specifically look for writers who could provide effective marketing and sales write-ups.
6. Personal Food Service Provider. Love to cook? Great at it? Then you could turn this passion into a home-based occupation. The options could come with cooking at the clients place, or you could prep meals for a few days right in your own kitchen and store it at their place. The list of clients would be endless: couples seeking romantic dinner, busy moms needing healthy Friday dinners for the kids or a yuppie with friends coming for sleepover. You could cook in their place or in your kitchen and deliver it to them. You could offer table setting as an added service with cost. Or give it for free!
For such service, make sure you check health and sanitation regulations in your area. This way, you’d comply with the requirements, and maybe install some changes in your kitchen. But other than that, all you really need is the culinary talent, flair for food presentation and some marketing skills. Indeed, this work at home has lots of great possibilities in store.
7. All-Events Gift or Tokens Assembler. There are so many celebrations all throughout the year where gifts and giveaways are sought. With the rushed lives people live, they’d want a creative, reliable person who could prepare their gifts, particularly for Christmas. So comes another great idea among work at home opportunities! You could be that person who makes tokens, shops and prepare gifts, even create new designs and methods to make presents, well, more presentable!
Your job starts when a client contacts you to prepare the most meaningful present for their loved ones. Once you have the item agreed on, then you could have it wrapped and delivered. This would be good if your clients are within your city or town.
For weddings, baptisms, bridal showers and many other traditional gatherings, tokens or giveaways are expected. Most customers would want personalized items for their guests, and you could spruce it to fit the party or celebration theme. There’s really an endless list of token ideas to choose from, so get one which is the easiest for you.
8. Go Into eBay Selling. Garage sales are facing stiff competition with eBay. Anything once owned by people are sold in that giant auction site. Why not sell those stuffs at home you need to get rid off? Of course they must be in good condition before you put them up for sale. Also, it matters that you take pictures of these items for sale and write good but descriptions about them. Such would get them looked into, and then bought.
You could also go to second-hand stores and garage sales in your area, buy really good stuffs that people would still find useful. Great if you spot collectibles as they’d sell fast on eBay. To post more items for sale, why not get your neighbors and friends to sell their stuffs as well? Then you get shares or commissions for it. Being an active vendor at eBay would sure make become a fun pursuit that implies income generation at home.
9. Babysitting or Childcare. Whoa! You’d be thinking, there’s no way I am going back into my teenage years of watching over kids! Well, if you’re paid like $20 an hour by your neighbors to watch the kids from 4:00 PM until they’re home at 8:00, you might change your mind. This arrangements need not be everyday, and you don’t have to be hassled be daycare requirements. It’s like a good neighborly act, not just a work at home career.
Of course, there’s going into a full-blown childcare service where you watch over five to twelve toddlers for eight hours a day. That’s a handful and another, and it takes up so much energy to cope. But if minding tots and kids is your thing, then apply for a daycare license and then get it going.
10. Customer Support Representative. Among the great work at home ideas, one of the easiest to do would be customer care and support. Think about providing solutions to clients in your pajamas! You work a few hours Mondays through Fridays, opt for the nightshift if you have a few more hours extra. It’s like working for a call center, basically, but the job entails answering emails, chatting and reporting to your supervisors regularly.
One of the perks for those who work at home as a customer care rep is the freebies. Some are given a mobile phone with dedicated numbers of the company; others get their internet connection paid for by their employers.
YES! You, too, can work at home!
Thinking of a home-based career? You’re not alone. Most likely, you’ve heard of a few too many successful stories about career professionals making that switch to a work at home pursuit. And that got you thinking: is it really possible to work at home? Much more, will I truly earn enough? Will I manage?
All the answers depend on you. That means your capabilities and skills at hand, and your attitude towards learning. It also matters a lot if the idea to work at home is within your goals in life. Most home-based workers and those in a small business-from-home have sufficient backgrounds in what they do; others learn as they go. Yes, there are not-so-good turnouts for some who just jump right in and realize they took a bite too big for chewing.
If you feel confident about going into a work at home venture, make sure the whole process offer high chances of making you happy. I emphasize on process because success ain’t guaranteed. That is why it has to be pointed out that this change of direction should be within the bounds of your lifetime goals. If it is, then the opportunity to work at home is appreciated as a process, a means toward achieving success. You’d be happier doing, learning, reaching out and seeking help which will likely be the daily routine with any home-based career.
But if your ultimate goal in life is to have cash loads everyday, buy two properties in the city and work just two hours a day, then this venture might not be a good idea. Not all work at home opportunities bring in money consistently; you could have enough for today, slowly build for a secure future and splurge a little, maybe.
It’s a matter of how you handle this effort. There are essential learning processes, and most are intimidating but persistence will pay off. There’s some capital, maybe in form of money to get startup guides, or get the materials, services and products you need to help you out. Then you need to find clients for the service you offer, or buyers for your designs or home-made items. Don’t forget, like most endeavors, you’d have competition, you’ll have surprising demands or lonely slumps. Indeed, the idea to work at home needs to be seriously perused before you dive into it.
You’re sweating out at the starting line of the race track, huh? OK, before we get to what home-based opportunities to get into, here’s a friendly reminder. Ask yourself:
- Will it help me achieve my lifetime goals?
- Am I ready for the change?
- Do I have sufficient background on this new career path?
- Can I really commit myself to learn everything there is to know and master?
- Would it benefit my family financially and on other aspects?
- Do I see myself as a better person, even with the uncertainty of this new direction?
Yes to all these six questions? Doubtful? Think if over some more. Maybe you just need motivation at work or doing some major changes with your present career.
But if you said yes to all the six questions, that’s so GOOD! Do wait for my next post coming soon. It will have GREAT ideas that would lead you to making that decision; it will be all about the top ten ideas for work at home careers.
Thanks for reading!